Monday, July 21, 2014

Refuge

"O taste and see that the Lord is good!  Blessed is the man who trusts and takes refuge in Him."  Psalm 34:8

Haven of Hope is a refuge for the babies and young children who have no family, for a short time or longer.  These precious young ones in the kingdom of God are cared for and loved on by the aunties and sheltered in the protection of this building.  No building can be the eternal refuge our God offers, but when I hear the cries of the tiny ones, the laughter as older ones play, their jabber, and hear the footsteps I raise up thanks for this ministry, giving an earthly refuge by sharing Christ's love with His children.


My classroom for this year.  Just enough room for three students, a teacher, and all that goes with the school day.  Spent today (Monday) cleaning the closet and sorting items.  We will begin classes next Wednesday, July 30.









Downstairs kitchen, looking through the door, it is a big kitchen.  Next to it is the common room, a place to sit and visit and where the party took place last Saturday.




The women who come to sew are making Advent calendars and skirts for little girls. 




Looking down the hallway next to the common room where construction is in progress to make the new baby rooms.

Upstairs kitchen, next to my room, for guests.


As the rain falls outside this refuge, dogs bark, pots clang in the downstairs kitchen, aunties call to each other, and babies giggle and cry - inside we are dry, protected, loved by God.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are settling into your classroom. Praying that you'll be successful in helping the girls progress in all the areas they need work. I'm tired of sitting already! The pain is getting better; night time is the worst. Misty had her baby, Peyton Lynn. Days are ticking by and it will be time to go back to work soon. I'm getting a little freaked out thinking about all that I will need to do in the coming weeks. and not really sure how that will happen. I guess I have to just let it go and just tust God one day at a t ime. Enjoying your blog. Have a grat day. Much love -Lefty