I have gotten all the items in the classroom organized. I am now able to tell you where to find a paint brush or the teacher's guide or math items. I am working on the walls now-putting up calendar items, word wall, etc.
Ready to start planning my days and lessons for my growing class. I will be starting with two girls in pre-k, two in first grade, and one in third. If it does not work for the two younger ones we will arrange a different schedule, but for now we will all begin at 8:30 and end at 12:30. Two days a week the third grader will stay longer to work on skills and one day a week they will all stay so we can have some extra time for projects, art, etc.
The grade levels are different, but even if they were all the same grade I would have many different learning levels and styles. It will be a challenge on some days I am sure, but I think we will do just fine once we have our rhythm going.
We will begin school next week Wednesday, mornings only for those first three days. I will take pictures of my students to post later once we begin.
Personally, I am feeling more settled in too. I am spending most of my time getting ready for school, so am not out much being social with the babies and aunties. I want to do a little more of that, but for me that is fun time and I want the "school stuff" ready to go before I have fun. (especially since I lose all track of time when I am playing with them)
I started writing this early Thursday morning - I meant to lay down for just a little after shopping yesterday, fell asleep, tossed and turned some, but didn't get up until 4 a.m. I did go and lay back down a little more. I actually am feeling more on schedule with the time change each day and not finding it as hard to be awake when I should be.
I am now stocked up on groceries, and other than a few odds and ends, should not need anything from the store for quite awhile, but if I can share a ride to town I will go.
Today was spent sharpening pencils, cutting out letters, putting up a calendar, and helping everyone in the house search for Trena's missing car key. I also had my first chapati (spelling that phonetically) a flat bread served warm. We had with a dish with beans, the name of which I do not remember now.
Thursday is coming to an end. Started with rain, ended in sun. Cool enough for my long sleeves and jeans, with flip-flops. So many things to say thank you for each day. Will try to post more pictures early next week.

1 comment:
Those children are going to be so blessed by you! You have such a gift with meeting the needs of all of your students. So glad that you are settling in well. Come August 5th, we will all be missing you even more!
Post a Comment