Sunday, July 20, 2014

Nakuru

We have a hope that only those in Christ can know.  A hope in a future and a Savior who has redeemed us.  We hope for many things here on earth-in relationships, jobs, vacations, new items...but none can compare to what we already have in Him.

As Sam placed my luggage in the car and we left Nairobi for Nakuru, I hoped I could be the teacher these three precious girls need.  I hoped I would not be too afraid, too lonely, have too many questions, or too quiet.  (conversation with those I don't know well is not my strong point)  Some are more fears than hopes I guess, but none are unimportant to the One I place my hope in daily.  He knows the desires I have while here, he knows my fears and doubts, my limitations, my possibilities.

We made the drive to Nakuru easily.  Sam and I talked a little, in response to questions from one or the other, sharing some background information, and I learned a little about Nakuru.  We stopped once to see the view over the Rift Valley.
Phone photos are never the best for me, but if you have never been here, let me assure that the view over the valley is impressive.

We arrived in Nakuru around 12:30.  Luggage brought up to my new home away from home, and greetings from Trena.  I met Brie who works with the women's ministry, teaching them to sew (I have seen some of the items that they are making, such beautiful work) and aunties and babies and I will  never remember all the names.  I am terrible at names, so I think I will just concentrate on remembering two or three this week and go from there.

Trena took me out to lunch with her daughter Julia and Brie.  We shopped at the Nakumart, but I was so tired I couldn't think what to buy.  Ended up with a few items which will get me into these first few days at least.  Trena had the deep freeze hooked up for me so the next time I go to shop I am stocking up on anything that can be frozen.  (I hate to shop, any kind of shopping)  I'd like to stock up on items to freeze and easily kept items so I don't have to go into town that often.

I feel like I have a thousand questions, but so many are simple things.  Like can I get out the gate to go for an early morning walk?  (yes, I think of dorky things like that)

Here are some views of my room in the baby house.


 The next picture I took from my window, so it is not the best, but I took it just for one of my friends. It is some of the goats grazing in the evening out in the yard.
I got completely unpacked and things put away by evening.  I was ready for bed by 6:30 p.m., but forced myself to stay up until 8:30.  I sleep a few hours and woke up way to early, 2:30 a.m.  I read and just laid in bed, getting a little doze in now and then.  Good enough for all the travel and time changes.

So I will probably continue to hope for certain things to be, and some not to be (like how many spelling mistakes I may be making in this post), but for sure I will hope in Him who never fails.

No comments: