Thursday, July 17, 2014

Arrival

Psalm 121:7-8   The LORD will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. 8 The LORD will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore.

We got to the Houston Airport in plenty of time on Wednesday - which my sister and I used trying to get to the correct terminal from the parking garage.  We succeeded and I was off.  Discovered sparkly clothes make security think you have been up to something and are dusted in chemicals.  I got through eventually, and promptly changed my shirt for something far plainer.

The wait was actually not that long.  I had some time to walk around, text friends, get a snack and then we boarded.

Early Thursday morning London time we landed, ten minutes early.  The airport was crowded and it took two hours to get from the gate to the correct terminal, go through the checkpoint, and security.  That left just enough time to find the correct train to the correct gate.  I kept looking for the family that was to be on my flight and who work at Haven of Hope.  Their two oldest daughters will be in my class.  I actually didn't find them until baggage claim in Nairobi.

Nine hours later I had arrived.  We were in baggage claim for almost two hours - getting my Visa and waiting for bags.  All of mine got through but the Sammons family was missing six bags.  Hopefully they will show up by morning.

Sam, assistant to Trena Ivy, drove me to the guest house where I am now.  We will leave at ten this morning for Nakuru.  It is after midnight here now.  We should be in Nakuru around 1 p.m.

No pictures until I get all unpacked and settled, and a new sim card for my phone.  I was happy the guest house had free WIFI so I could send a few Voxer messages and post.  

No comments: