Sunday, August 10, 2014

Wedding Day

It has been a busy weekend.  After school on Friday some of the women gathered to have lunch with Alysha, whose wedding was on Saturday.  Later that day two new babies arrived at HOH.  I don't have pictures of everything, but I did get a few at the wedding.
 Sam, who works for His Cherished Ones here in Kenya, married Alysha who works with another ministry here in Nakuru.  Beautiful day, a cool breeze once in awhile, but the equatorial sun does beat down and I have the color to prove it.

Dakota, Kate, Hope, Julia and Josie were the flower girls.  Liam, one of the toddlers, was ring bearer. He was so adorable, but didn't get him in the picture unfortunately.


Alysha coming down the aisle with her Kenyan family.  Her American family was watching via Skype.  And finally Sam and Alysha exchange their vows.


They did a little unity ceremony with three cords, which Alysha braided together, to symbolize their joining together in Christ as one.   Afterwards there was food and fellowship time for everyone.  I took a video of them dancing in the bride, but it is too large to upload here.  I will have to try and add it later.

Looking forward to working a little in my classroom and having a pretty lazy Sunday.  And my face is proof that while the breezes were cool, the equatorial sun does beat down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will be so brown by the time you come back! The wedding shots were great! Looks like it was a fun event, even in the heat. Up in the middle of the night...talking to God. Miss you! M-