Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Eyes on Him

The only way to walk is with my eyes on Him at all times, remembering that His grace is sufficient for my days.  Sometimes I lose sight of that in the turmoil of the day, unexpected circumstances, in my own feelings of inadequacies.  The good thing is knowing He is constant, He is always on the look out, He has great plans.

I experienced that in a wonderful way last Friday.  I have been waiting to get a picture while I was holding her, but for now let me present Gloria.  I was invited to come along when she was being picked up by Brie and Tracy.  (Brie works with the women's group and Tracy works for the baby house)  She had been found on the side of road and the people who were at the police station/child services had cleaned her up, dressed her, and wrapped her in a blanket.  The one woman insisted her name was to be Gloria, so it is for now.

Tracy passed her to me, and I didn't let go until the aunties insisted they were taking over.  Love in an instant, as well as joy in God taking her from a roadside to here - where she is loved and cared for daily.

So meet Gloria, and pray for children in America and everywhere who need to experience the love of a family, to know Jesus cares for them, to be held and be safe, to know His grace.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So amazing that you are getting a chance to be the hands of Christ to these precious littje ones. I am so thankful that God has put this ministry on the hearts of all involved and pray that He will continue to bless it. M-