Friday, July 8, 2016

Walking Safari

This past Wednesday we took a day trip to Lake Naivasha and Crescent Island.  Driving on the highways here you see cattle, goats, sheep, and donkeys....and zebra, gazelle, wart hogs, baboons, and a camel.  Once we arrived at our destination we were ready to go on a walking safari around part of the island, and then to the boats for a ride on the lake and hopefully some hippo spotting.  I took quite a few pictures and some of these were taken by Humphrey with a telephoto lens.  There were so many to choose from so I made the little collages.  Even though the pictures are small, you can hopefully get an idea of some of the sights we enjoyed.  It was interesting to just walk and see the animals up close.  Giraffes are a favorite and we got to see a one day old baby.  

After walking in the sun, and climbing a hill or two the boat ride was refreshing.  We were not disappointed as the drivers did spot hippo for us to watch.







What a treat to enjoy God's creation in this area. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love getting to see your photos! I am so happy that you are getting to enjoy some of the area's beauty.
M-