Friday, July 8, 2016

Science Studies

For two hours each Monday I lead a little science group.  We are learning about different types of sciences, making some fun memories, and a few messes.  Supplies are limited, so I am searching the internet for ideas using basic, very basic, household supplies.  Surprising how much you can do with vinegar and baking soda.  

We do have access to some small science kits, so one day we used polymers from the kit to make snow and turn liquid to solid.
 We had a small microscope to use one day.  They learned a little about the parts of a microscope and had the opportunity to look at fungus.
 On July 4 we made fireworks - in a jar.  Water, vegetable oil, and food coloring - it was pretty amazing to watch how it worked and created the colored streaks just like fireworks through a night sky. 


 We put marshmallows in the microwave to see how heat worked on the water molecules inside the marshmallow. Then they ate them of course.  
"Great are the works of the Lord, studied by all who delight in them."  Psalm 111:2  I love how excited these kiddos get over each experiment or demonstration.  They make it fun to explore the world of science. 
We will keep on studying about God's amazing world for four more Mondays....then I will be heading back to Texas. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Science is cool. Yep, I clean my stainless steel sink with baking soda.😎 Joyce

Anonymous said...

Love that smile! It looks like you are having a blast.
Michele