Sunday, July 31, 2016

Randomness

Haven't posted much this trip in words or pictures.  I have enjoyed a time to relax, be peaceful, have extra quiet time, to watch and be a part of a ministry my heart loves, and to be with people who are my family on this side of the world.  There have been numerous times to rejoice, times to be sad, times to teach, times to play, and always to see how God is working.

So, on my last full day in Kenya, here are a few random pictures.

Last Sunday night we celebrated H's birthday.  In Kenya on your birthday you get washed.  Nothing like cold water on a cool evening to celebrate being 21.





Some science experiments don't work, no matter how long you sit around and wait.  

This one wanted the camera, so coaxing a smile when I wouldn't give it to her proved difficult.
 T. was far more ready to smile for the camera. 
 And this morning at worship...Lucy, on your right, was one of my girls 2014-15.  Here she is with one of her friends, dressed in the beautiful dress her dad brought her from India. 
 Last worship with this family of God.  Was happy to see some this morning that I had not seen for awhile.    


And a final evening with Trena and girls.  Took this picture when we were in Nairobi.  

Late at night now, actually almost Monday.  Wanted to finish up one last section on a Bible study, pack as much as possible, and make sure I have what I need for one last science club tomorrow morning.  

Season for everything, and this moment is the time for a good-bye.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really enjoyed the pics. Sad that the trip was so short, but... Next summer? Joyce