Friday, July 8, 2016

Before and After the Fourth

There are more visitors to the baby house during the summer months, and also team visits.  One team from Houston comes just to take the place of the aunties for a weekend so the aunties and support staff can have a retreat.  This once a year treat is so important to the well-being of the staff.

This year the team arrived the end of June.  Retreat took place on July 1-3, followed by a touch of Fourth of July celebration with the team at Trena's.  The team and a family of four from Dallas took great care of the babies.  I took a little time off on Saturday to attend a craft fair and watch a bit of the mud run with the family of one of the girls I taught during 2014-15.

Here are a few pictures I took of little ones while the team was here.  More than one way to kick a ball. 
 This little guy was a very thin, sick baby when I left a year ago.  Look at how love has helped him grow. 
 Lunch and play time outside.




A few pictures of our Fourth of July.  We had grilled chicken and German potato salad, cookies, and apple crisp.  Lots of fun conversation and getting to know each other more. 
All dressed for the Fourth - one beautiful family. 
 Our table of goodies. 





We continued the celebration on Tuesday.  I had the privilege of leading morning fellowship before the team left.  After school I played card games with Julia, and the games went on into the evening.  The girls had a quick snack before everyone joined in on the fun of barrel of monkeys.  We then watched part of "Annie" ( a Josie favorite) before heading back to the baby house.  


"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."  1 Corinthians 10:31



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good pics. Always looks so loving. Joyce

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun celebrating. Julia is going to miss you! The babies are so cute - hope you're getting to hold them some. M-