Sunday, May 24, 2015

Changes, Changes

Life is full of little changes - school begins, school ends, the weather, being a day older - and bigger changes like moving, a death, a terminal illness...

How comforting it is to remember that my hope, my rock, is not changing, not moving, is constant...."Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."  Hebrews 13:8

The month of May has gone past even faster than April did with all the traveling and activities.  When I was first told that one of the girls would have her last day of school on the 22nd, it seemed so long in the future.  Friday has come and gone and at church this morning tears came easily as last hugs were given. 

Lizzy left us during the month to go to her new school.  We are going to go visit her before I leave.  I am glad I will get to see her one more time before I go.  Lizzy is such a precious child of God, and I want to see that she is doing well in her new environment.  

I look forward to a quick visit with mission team members from Salem in a week and to hopefully finding the time to visit with the team that will be here in Nakuru also.  It is exciting to know I can show them where I have been living, to introduce them to a taste of my life here, as well as some of the people.

Only a few days of school left and then a little time to clean and pack up the classroom, pack my own things, and leave.  Our last day of class will be June 10 and I leave on June 17th.  I don't remember not feeling at home here, although the first weeks were not always easy.  It has been a journey led by God, for God, and an amazing experience in ministry and teaching.  

 Lizzy is ready to go to her new school and home.  Mr. Troy brought her a hibiscus flower from one of the bushes the school girls helped to plant.
 We all line up to sing Lizzy on her way.
 Moses gets in for one last hug with Lizzy.  

 4P Day - pictures, pajamas, popcorn, and party.  Lucy's last day in the classroom.
 The girls enjoyed a choice of snacks during the different science, social studies, and Bible videos we watched.  There was the popcorn, cupcakes, and strawberries.  
 Lucy and Dakota were very interested in Magic School Bus.
 Wait.  Did somebody say there were cupcakes in the school room?  We invited Josie, Azzy, and Moses to join us for a snack while the girls worked on one of the science projects.  
Grandparents of Dakota, Kate, and Hope came to visit for part of the morning and a small team working in Nakuru for a couple of weeks came to see the babies and visited us also.  We ended with lunch and then changed clothes to go into town.  It was a fun last day of celebrating Lucy.  

Changes will always be a part of life.  Changes we make for the better, changes we make because we need to do so, changes that just happen.  Changing my life to live here has been an amazing time, one I will always remember.  It has been good.

Our prayer list here seems to grow longer each day - I invite you to join us in prayer for the babies, for a family for Moses especially, for new baby Faith in the hospital right now, for Lucy and her family as they travel back to America for a few weeks before returning to their ministry here in Nakuru, and for the ministry here at Haven of Hope - these are just a few on our list.  

No comments: