Alaine
Schlechte
Kiamunyi
Block Y
Nakuru,
Kenya 20100
May 17, 2015
Greetings,
One month from today I will be packing last minute items and
leaving Nakuru for the airport in Nairobi.
These last months have been an incredible journey both
spiritually and personally. I am so
grateful for your support and prayers while I have been here in Kenya. It has been extremely comforting to know that
so many people were praying for me here and supporting me financially.
Your prayer and financial support have provided me with a
life-changing, amazing experience. I
still find it hard to see all the ways that serving God here has impacted me,
but the journey has been a process.
Living in another culture is not easy and you don’t learn
everything in just a few months. As I
share experiences with missionaries who have lived here for five or more years,
I am reminded that it is an ever, on-going learning process. New language, foods, customs, and expectations
surround you daily.
My main position here has been teacher to five sweet girls
whose parents are full-time missionaries in Kenya. One family arrived when I did and the other
two have been serving God on the mission field for a few years already. I have held babies, laughed with the aunties,
cried when we said good-byes to children leaving for their new homes, and
become part of a community serving the Lord Jesus Christ. I would love to share some of my stories and
pictures with you when I return.
Part of my heart will be forever here-holding babies,
teaching my girls, laughing with aunties, singing and praising God-for we truly
become a part of each place we live and the people we care about. I thank you so much for everything you have
done. God bless you.
Living by faith –
Alaine Schlechte

No comments:
Post a Comment