Saturday, June 25, 2016

Back to Nakuru

It has been many months since I came to my blog - that was one fast school term.  As soon as school ended, I packed and left for Nakuru, Kenya to visit and help a little at Haven of Hope.  

Now I have been back in Kenya for almost a month, and the time continues to fly by too fast.  The journey here was made light by having the company of Elise.  When traveling long distances it is good to travel with great company.  The journey was fairly uneventful - flights pretty much on time and no surprises.  The lines in Nairobi were long at Visas for Elise, and the customs line was long and slow.  The people in front of us started an argument with customs - so the wrong attitude to have.  When Elise and I got called up I just showed my work permit and said this was all stuff I needed - we went right through.  Thank you Lord.

We spent the night in Nairobi, and part of the next day.  We visited the elephant orphanage, the giraffe center, and had lunch and did shopping before leaving for Nakuru.  These pictures are just from the "animal" stops in Nairobi. 

We stopped at the elephant nursery first.  These babies are here for a variety of reasons and the keepers feed them and give a talk about the elephants.  Sometimes one comes close enough to touch. 

                                                     

 Then we went on to the giraffe center.  It was crowded, so it was difficult to get pictures with just the people you wanted in them, and sometimes difficult to get close to a giraffe.  Elise got her kiss the giraffe moment though and the girls enjoyed feeding the giraffes.  Josie found a baby one to feed. 




We shopped for a bit, ate lunch, and then were on the way out of big city Nairobi, to slightly smaller city Nakuru.  The cool breezes, zebra and baboon at the side of the highway, the view of the lakes - all part of coming back.  




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Neat pics. SO glad the trip went smoothly. Keep blogging. --Joyce