Best welcome back - first Sunday, Lucy, gave me this. It was so much fun to greet so many that I had met before and to be a part of the fellowship at the church.
Most of my time is teaching - on Mondays it is just science. The first Monday I had three girls, the second Monday we doubled our numbers adding two boys and another girl. We are having fun, but it is difficult to find things here for experiments and demonstrations. What I could easily pick up at any store in Texas is not available anywhere in Kenya. So far milk, vinegar, coins, bones, and eggs have been the main ingredients - and they are having a great time. We are making a science journal so by the end of July they will have plenty to share at home.
The other days of the week I work with Julia. I also participate in the fellowship times at the baby house and a Bible study group.
We have had one big celebration since I got here. One of the workers at the baby house is expecting her first baby, so we had a shower for her. Here are just a few pictures of the day. We held it during nap time so all the aunties could come as well as some friends of the soon to be parents.
Many of the little ones that were here when I left are still part of Haven of Hope, along with a few new additions. Haven't been out taking pictures of them yet, but will soon. Sweet L came home from her school yesterday and all the aunties and toddlers were so excited to have her back. Since going to the special school, which she started a month before I left in 2015, she has improved her balance and speech. L has Cerebral Palsy.
Sunday morning here and almost time to leave for worship. Will do a little more catch-up later. All glory and praise to God for His many blessings!







1 comment:
Love to see how you are spending your days. Wish I could send necessary science stuff to you, but that would mean haggling at the post office and I know you're not a fan. Our days are flying by as well. LWML convention with Clara was great. Good Bible Studies and lots of fellowship. So excited to see some of the different mission projects the TX. Dist. LWML are supporting, and especially enjoyed a presentation by the LINC Austin rep. that explained her ministry to the homeless of that city. Looking forward to hearing more about you're time at your home away from home (although maybe that's backwards now)!
Much love,
Michele
Post a Comment