Monday, February 9, 2015

For I Know the Plans I Have For You

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Kennedy is an active, four year old at Haven of Hope.  He has outgrown the baby house and is truly ready to be a "big boy".  He is unable to be adopted and has no family to be reunited with so his situation is different.  But there is a perfect plan for Kennedy - his own 22 brothers along with a 'mom' and 'auntie'.  

This past weekend I went with Trena, her daughters, Tracy-HOH's social worker, and of course Kennedy to Haven on the Hill.  This is where Trena first worked when she began her ministry in Kenya and it was through Haven on the Hill that I first connected to Trena and Haven of Hope.  Now Kennedy will call this beautiful place HOME and he will have a family.

After a long drive we arrived and Kennedy had enough time to play with his new brothers, go the little library room with them, have dinner, a shower, and finally to sleep in his own big boy bed.  He would come back to one of us once in awhile, telling us about his brothers.  

We left Sunday morning after breakfast but the short time there was a time of hope - to see that here Kennedy could have a family, go to school, learn and grow.  

Here are some pictures I took while on the journey and at Haven on the Hill.  Some of the boys there were the first boys at the home when Trena worked there.  Pictures at the end show her with those boys.  





No comments: