"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth."
3 John 1:4 (Paul writing to Gaius)
The truth came to us long ago, in the infant born in a rather ordinary way, but bringing extraordinary blessings for all mankind. True joy is found in Him, and in seeing those who know Him and follow Him proclaim the news.
It has been a year of learning to abandon the comfortable and predictable, to see His plan is better than mine, and to experience His joy in new ways and places. Technically I am still a member of the faculty of Salem Lutheran School, but last March was granted a leave of absence. In July I left for Kenya, to meet and teach five beautiful and amazing girls-all daughters of full-time missionaries in the city of Nakuru.
I live at Haven of Hope, home to babies and young children waiting for their forever families. Haven of Hope is a family of people working together for His glory and sharing His joy and truth with those around them. My heart has been stolen by the little residents and find it joyful and sad to learn of one leaving to join their family.
My time back in the states is coming to a close and I will return to Kenya on January 3. The weeks at home did not go quite as planned either - I ended up teaching here also. Now I find myself trying to complete many tasks in just a few days.
I hear the local radio station talking about the joy cheer - the last line "I choose joy!" rings out - and so it is, I choose joy in His truth, in Him. May you experience this during the season and always.
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year- choose joy!
It has been a year of learning to abandon the comfortable and predictable, to see His plan is better than mine, and to experience His joy in new ways and places. Technically I am still a member of the faculty of Salem Lutheran School, but last March was granted a leave of absence. In July I left for Kenya, to meet and teach five beautiful and amazing girls-all daughters of full-time missionaries in the city of Nakuru.
I live at Haven of Hope, home to babies and young children waiting for their forever families. Haven of Hope is a family of people working together for His glory and sharing His joy and truth with those around them. My heart has been stolen by the little residents and find it joyful and sad to learn of one leaving to join their family.
My time back in the states is coming to a close and I will return to Kenya on January 3. The weeks at home did not go quite as planned either - I ended up teaching here also. Now I find myself trying to complete many tasks in just a few days.
I hear the local radio station talking about the joy cheer - the last line "I choose joy!" rings out - and so it is, I choose joy in His truth, in Him. May you experience this during the season and always.
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year- choose joy!

No comments:
Post a Comment