Saturday, November 22, 2014

There to Here

After 32 hours of travel, I arrived back in Texas a little over a week ago.  Driving, waiting in airports, flying - and finally back.  Already the days are flying by, but it has been so good to hug family, friends, godchildren, go to chapel worship at my school here, make plans for the days ahead, and get in some shopping for my classroom in Kenya.  
Last morning in Kenya - managed to get the girls and the three boys to stand still for a picture.
 Off the plane and out to dinner with family and friends, the next day I went to school to greet friends there and to surprise my two youngest godchildren.  Then out to dinner with friends.
Saturday was the benefit dinner for HCO.
Sunday, worship, seeing many who are supporting me this year in prayer and financially.  During the week I went up to school often, had lunch with fellow teachers, attended chapel, and offered to speak to classes about Kenya and Haven of Hope.
Tuesday, Jack celebrated turning 16.
 Thursday night went to the Zoo Lights at the Houston Zoo with family.
 Friday, helped with the kindergarten Thanksgiving feast.
 Saturday morning went to the Tomball Holiday parade and stayed long enough to see my school's float go by.

Already collecting things to take back, mostly for the classroom.  Have a feeling I will be over my luggage weight limit.

It is good to see everyone, have time to play, and to drive again.  I am feeling blessed to have this time, but also to know my time in Kenya is not yet over.   

No comments: