I am not very good at saying "good-bye", and this was a very difficult farewell for me. To be a part of such a God-filled ministry, to see how God has given a vision and is daily bringing growth and fruit to it, to meet so many people dedicated to giving a better life to others, to sharing the Good News, and to be teacher to some of their children - what a privilege and blessing in my life. Certainly one I did want to let go of, but knew that the time had come to do so.
A journey home, as long as ever, and then back, on the ground in Texas as of June 18. Since
returning I have been trying to take things a step or two at a time and not be
too overwhelmed or too rushed. There has to be an
order to what I complete since one thing can’t be completed until another item
is checked off or I can’t be sure what will work unless I know the cost of
another item on the list.
I
have been able to complete dentist and doctor appointments, make an
optometrist appointment, find a tax person, do bank business, fill out forms
for school, and visit with friends.
I spent a week house sitting for a friend, which was some "me" time to go over everything I would like to accomplish before going back to school in August (knowing that my plans are in the best hands ever and that God will show the way) and also to have extra time with three of my godchildren and their parents. I also didn't have to answer any questions while I was house sitting -
What
was it like there?
What
did you eat?
Was
it a real culture shock?
Are
you glad you are back?
Would
you go back?
So,
you were just there to teach?
Those are some questions I have been asked since returning to the USA.
I
have quickly grown to appreciate those who say, “I can’t wait for you to tell
me your stories.” There is no pressure
in that statement, no fear of offending anyone with an unexpected answer, and
having the freedom to share what or as much as I want. I am looking forward to August 2 and sharing at my home church.
I have finally gotten to meet my new great-nephew, hold him and enjoy time with family, catching up on the changes in their lives.
Many
changes have taken place in Tomball in the time I was gone. Driving around is a little overwhelming and for a few days I was minus seatbelt and on the wrong side of the road a couple of times. It just seemed right to be left. The prices of staple items give me minor strokes. There are definitely a few bumps in the road of return.
My days living in Kenya have ended for now. A new time is beginning, and who knows where it will lead or end up.

No comments:
Post a Comment